Friday, December 28, 2007

they don't even taste like cookies

I have a fortune cookie slip taped to my fridge that says:

You will come to realizations in your life that will change you forever.

I doubt that these are among them, but at least they are fun:

1. I've come to realize that, my last ex: left the country without saying goodbye for a reason.
2. I've come to realize that, when I talk: I'm not necessarily saying what I'm thinking, or vice versa.
3. I've come to realize that, I love: a lot of different people. And also, Merlot.
4. I've come to realize that my friends: are a lot like the people you date. Sometimes you find out they have a really ugly quality. You re-evaluate the relationship. Either I'm lucky to have so many life-long friends, or I am an incredibly gigantic pushover.
5. I've come to realize that, I've lost: the $20 check I made for selling tickets to the last volleyball game.
6. I've come to realize that, I hate: when people are judgmental, myself included.
7. I've come to realize that, marriage is: ultimately what my step-mom thinks will make me happy and because I am an eternal adolescent...something I will put off just to see her squirm.
8. I've come to realize that, somewhere, someone is thinking: about far more important things than this blog.
9. I've come to realize that, I'll always have: a need for my mother, the support of good friends, and mild acne.
10. I've come to realize that, my heart: does not like it when I drink a lot of caffeine.
11. I've come to realize that, right now I am wondering: what will happen on Sunday, when the writers' strike will end, and how I will find a new ingredient for pantry stew when the pantry is nearly empty.
12. I've come to realize that, my cell phone is: crap. AT&T can bite me.
13. I've come to realize that, when I wake up in the morning: it's probably not fair, but I pee before I take Pucker out to do the same.
14. I've come to realize that, before I go to sleep at night I: love to read and have missed that ritual.
15. I've come to realize that, right now I am thinking about: how loud Zoey is snoring. Do they make breathe-rights for cats?
16. I've come to realize that, I get on myspace: too much.
17. I have come to realize, that today: is another day I will procrastinate and not work on National Boards.
18. I've come to realize, that tonight I will: perhaps go and buy a printer. Well, I've accepted it more than realized - I hate spending money on electronics.
19. I've come to realize that, school is: where I belong, in any capacity.
20. I've come to realize that, tomorrow I will: sleep in, because that's what you do on winter break!

Maybe it's not what the fortune cookie had in mind, but I like it. Thanks Emily!

1 comment:

The Working Girl said...

Funny to think that this blog started the "downspin" of a non-genuine friendship. Oh well, not everyone is silly enough to judge you based on what you say over the internet.