Friday, March 7, 2008

and the award for most dramatic performance goes to...

EVERYONE.

And this is my acceptance speech.

Why is it when something EXCITING happens (births, celebrations, wedding, promotions, falling in love, home-buying, puppy-adopting, etc.) no one calls is drama? I'm not an expert, but I've studied enough minimal Shakespeare to know that not everything that people nowadays classify as drama is NEGATIVE.

No relationship is perfect. It takes work from everyone involved. This applies to the people you work with all the way up to the people you sleep with. There is no perfect situation. When the good stuff happens, it's still dramatic, right? Disagreements, discussions, misunderstandings, miscommunication, poor decisions ... it's all a part of life. You can't avoid these things. Can you work them out? Yes. Can you have a life without them? No.

I'm so sick of people saying "I don't want any drama." It's so unrealistic. Yes, people can control the way they handle things. However, we all have different ways of communication. We all have different ways of loving. We all have different paths and stories and goals. We are all different.

Drama is going to happen. The good and the bad. I say, embrace all of it. Keep on living. And quit crying to me about it.

P.S. I want to thank the academy, your mom, Jesus, and my 2nd grade teacher. I couldn't of done this without them.

No comments: