Tuesday, June 10, 2008

my blogging disclaimer

I really hate sentences that begin, "No offense, but..."

Why not just say, "I'm about to say something hurtful, but you can't get mad because I used a disclaimer."

When will people realize that no matter what you put before a 'but', it doesn't take away from what comes after. So, if you're going to insult me, or anyone else for that matter, just come out and say it. Or keep it to yourself. Not everyone is interested in your opinions. Disclaimers are for people who do not want to take responsibility. However, if you say it, take the damn responsibility or keep your mouth shut.

I don't believe in disclaimers and I don't believe in hurting people's feelings. I will always apologize if something I said hurt you. If you know me at all, you know that is not my intention.

So, no offense, but this blog does not come with a disclaimer.

No comments: