Friday, August 10, 2007

secrets and lies...or was it lovers??

So...

Enough crying about not having money.

I have done the following positive things:

1. Cleaned out my junk drawer and organized my bills. Believe me, this was not an easy task. And holy shit, I have a lot of bills.

2. Emailed a good friend to see when he can help me set up a budget. A budget that will work. A budget that will get me out of debt and keep me in cute shoes. Because I need shoes. Because right now, at Target, sits a totally adorable pair of Mary Janes that should actually be in my closet.

3. Set up all my bills to the online bill payer on my computer. Most of them were on there, but I had to add a few.

4. Call Dr to negotiate timely pay-off of $167 bill that I did not expect. Timing is beautiful thing.

And all for the warding off of cervical cancer.

5. Arranged to go home to see dad and sister for their combined birthdays, sans gift, but offering awesome homemade birthday cards. Got promise from parents that they will buy me some groceries.

I had to ask my dad for gas money. I do not think I have ever had to do this in my life. I am not kidding. How was I more responsible at sixteen??

Oh yeah, I didn't have a mortgage. Damn adulthood.

So, maybe I've hit an all-time low, but the new school year is starting, and that comes with a raise. Lots of games for me to sell tickets at and make extra cash to pay back what I've had to borrow. I think I love teaching, because I get the excuse to start over every August. Woohoo, job perks for the underpaid.

No more moaning! I've accepted the fact that I won't be debt free in one year. I am going to change my goal to two years.

And at the end of those two years...I think I might like to try something new.

Until Payday...which is still two weeks away!!
WG

No comments: