Tuesday, September 29, 2009

daily gripe

Co-workers are annoying.

Today in lunch, one of them was talking about how some teachers make work their life. "You don't ever see WONDERFUL TEACHER on a tombstone," she said. "Mother, yes. Daughter, yes. Wife, yes. Teacher, no."

"Mmhmm," her friend agreed. "I'm working on my tombstone and not my resume. I get paid to do a job, not to go above and beyond."

My question is: what's so wrong with doing both? I don't understand the mentality of only doing what is required. I don't understand how you can come to a job day after day after day and expect children to put in extra effort when you openly admit to never giving an extra ounce yourself. I don't understand the point in doing something if you're not going to do it 100%. Not the minimum - but 100%.

So frustrating.

wg

No comments: