Sunday, September 20, 2009

no deal

I met someone I like. He happens to be a practicing atheist who doesn't have a car. Seriously - is there anyone out there who doesn't come with a dealbreaker?

Now that I'm single, I'd like to announce the following:

1. If you don't like my dog, you don't like me. Don't pretend to like him and then change your mind after you got in my pants. You don't have to love him, but you better damn well try.
2. I want a husband and kids some day. This does not make me a crazy person. This also does not mean I want you to be that husband.
3. I love my job and I have to take it home at times. I know you may think that teaching isn't very important because I don't make a lot of money, but I care about my students and I will occasionally chose them over you.
4. I make my own money. I own my own home. I don't need you to buy me dinner, but I appreciate it when you do. And let me pay every now and then - it's not an insult to your manhood.
5. I don't discuss it that much, but I am a Christian. My faith is quiet but it is strong. Maybe if you took the time to talk to me, you'd understand why my faith is so important. I wasn't brainwashed. I didn't just believe what my parents told me. Yes, I volunteer at a church camp every summer and no, it's not what you think. If you can't respect that, you can't respect me.

I hope you took notes. I hate repeating myself.

wg

5 comments:

emilysuze said...

Perhaps you should get this printed on business cards to hand out at the end of the first date? ;)

The Working Girl said...

Ha - my friends made me a rubric last year on my birthday. It was titled "Are you worthy enough to buy Linds a drink?" Too cute.

emilysuze said...

That sounds like an awesome rubric to have while out and about on the town. :)

The Working Girl said...

Which I will be now that I am single! Good thing Beyonce had the best video of all time!! All the single ladies, all the single ladies...put ya hands up!

Heather said...

You and I....are a match made in heaven!! :) Love you!