Sunday, February 24, 2008

go 'head girl, go 'head get down.

When I run (ok, when I walk) I like to listen to Kanye West. I don't know why. I'm not the world's biggest hip hop fan by any means. But he's just so damn confident and I'm so damn insecure. I like to pretend I have his swagger and his strut. I used to strut. I don't know when I lost my strut.

He's got a hook in this one song that says, "Everything I'm not made me everything I am." I can't stop thinking about it.

I think I want to leave Jacksonville. I'm just thinking about it. But I just feel like I need a change of scenery and a chance to start over. I feel like my beloved home out here in the beaches is becoming what that small town where I grew up became - a town that overwhelms with with its judgment and rejection. A place where I let everything I'm not make me everything I am.

We'll see.

2 comments:

emilysuze said...

I'm sorry that Jacksonville has begun to feel like that for you. Things seemed to be going great with your fabulous school by the beach and I know that you've loved your time there.

Where do you think your next destination in life might be?

The Working Girl said...

I do love my school - but more just my students and not too much else anymore. I think I just need a change.