The current things are all making me quite grumpy:
1. The onset of 40-something women on facebook. Now, don't get me wrong. I have a lot of 40-something friends. I'm a teacher, we run in packs. So, do I mind when they are on my facebook? No. Do I mind when the whacky science teacher who I purposefully avoid and the secretary I just met two months ago want to be my facebook friends? Yes. I don't know these people, and I hate thinking that facebook is one more place I have to censor myself. However, I can't say no, because I see them at work and might need a favor from them one day. Also, I am a nice person and I can't say no to anything. Damn it!
2. My sisters are going to the inauguration without me. Well, Levana lives in DC so I can't really be mad at her. But, my sister Janine is going to drive up with one of her friends and not with me. I can't remember if she invited me, and if she did I probably said no because I can't afford it, but I'm still all angsty about it. I want to be there, too! However, my practical side knows that I'm still paying down the debt from my last trip to DC and that I want to go back on my spring break, so I can't go this time. Let's just not vote for change in 2012 and re-elect Barack so I can go to the Obama Inauguration 2.0 .
3. I forgot to buy cat food last night, and so my bipolar cat knocked my favorite vase off the top counter in retalliation. I swear that bitch is posessed.
4. Last night I had a craving for something sweet, and I ate an entire box of Mike and Ikes. The whole ridiculous box. I couldn't stop eating. I felt like one of the Biggest Loser contestants. All day I was having dreams about Mike and Ikes and then there I was, on the couch, watching the Sex in the City movie and sucking down a box full of fruity goodness.
5. I just found out that I have an 8am Leadership Meeting on Tuesday, the day after my three day weekend break. This means I will have to wake up an hour early, get to work an hour early, and sit in a tiny room to discuss non-sensical ramblings of the education vernacular and get no real work done since as the Leadership Team, we have no real power and have to wait for Steering's approval anyway.
6. This is my first real blog update in awhile and it's all negative! Oh well. That's reality, suckers!!! I used to be friends with these girls who didn't want you around if you had "negative energy" and I felt like I couldn't have a bad day. They would want me to internalize it and use stupid psuedo-religion crap like The Secret to make it all go away. Fuck that! Sometimes you are just in a mother-fucking bad mood and people are going to have to deal with you. Stick that on your vision boards and suck it!
7. I am now pissed that #6 just made me feel a lot better and I don't have anything left to blog about! Damn you!