No one ever tells you to sit down and consider whether or not you can afford yourself. I have found myself considering whether or not I can afford to stay as hott as I currently am. (And I added the extra 't' so you wouldn't think that I turned off the AC or something.)
Let's examine my beauty from a financial standpoint:
- Hair - Terri, my stylist, is great but not cheap. Though she does cut me somewhat of a deal on my highlights, we're not talking SuperCuts here. I pay about $120 every two months. Also, add in my shampoo and conditioner to maintain the expensive highlights - make that about $150 every two months.
- Feet - It is summer (I live in FL, it is actually summer nine months a year) and flip flops are back. So are my cute feet. My last two pedicures were a month apart - about $25 each.
- Face - Oh jeez. There's the face wash regimen at $60 every two months. In addition to makeup (which I don't buy a lot of, we'll say maybe $10 a month). I also just went to the Dr and got a whole slew of prescriptions, no telling how much that will be. Also add in $10 a month for eyebrow waxing (something I cannot live without).
- HOT BODY - Well, this is where I might save some money - I no longer pay to go to weight watchers (which I highly recommend by the way) and I don't belong to a gym. However, I like to eat healthy and we know that's not cheap.
- Attire - I, literally, cannot even tell you how much money I spend on clothes. Let's just say it is a lot. I'd wager $200 a month is a low estimate.
Total that up and it comes to...$340 a month!
Obviously, the clothes are out.
And no, that does not mean that naked is in.
Any ideas on how to cut corners and still look stunning? Please - no "beauty comes from within" crap. It may come from within but it sure as hell doesn't come cheap. I'll post about my therapy and self-help book bills some other time.