Wednesday, April 1, 2009

oh, the angst

If you really want a good laugh, go back and read your journals and-or diaries from when you were in high school, or college, or after college, or maybe even last year. Here is a gem of mine from almost ten years ago:

5.20.2000

Well, tomorrow I graduate high school. Shouldn't I maybe be more excited? Perhaps there will be a time in my life where everything I learned in high school:
- never sacrifice your morals
- find a few close friends and stick to them
- don't convince yourself you are okay with things that in actuality make you squirm
- smile more, have fun
will be of any use?

Oh, the irony. Little did I know those lessons must still be learned at age 27. Either that, or I'm a shitty learner. I dare you to dig through your journals and then blog about it! Can't wait to see the pearls hiding in your collections of adolescence.

wg

1 comment:

emilysuze said...

I'm so digging through my old journals to find a good one for this. :)