Well, in order to save money, I don't have cable. But sometimes I think this works against me, because instead of spending a lazy Saturday watching some tv, I get out of the house. And shop.
But today I was very good...I think. I spent $16.54 at Target on: cat food (Zoey has to eat), dog biscuits (Puck's BFF), nail polish (goodbye pedi's!), a headband (face-washing necessity, I snapped my last one last night), a bottle of water (hmm, I bet those add up) and a box of weight watchers snack cakes (hard to find and on sale!). Afterwards, I went to Goodwill and spent $1.99 on a metallic vintage clutch. All items paid for in cash.
Lately, I find that I can justify my spending in any form. So, this is my justification for my $20 shopping spree this afternoon.
1. Cat food - Zoey needs to eat, she's my responsibility. If I don't feed her, I will get slapped with a hefty animal cruelty fine, which will end up costing me much more than the cat food. Plus, she will shoot me her trademark evil look.
3. Nail Polish - Remember my previous post about beauty being so expensive? I think $2.99 nail polish beats a $20 pedicure.
4. Headband - I use these religiously each night when I wash my face. I was down to one and it snapped last night. I paid $3.99 for four.
5. Bottle of Water - $1.09. I was thirsty.
6. WW Snack Cakes - They don't have the kind I like in Publix, and I would have bought something like this for my lunches anyhow.
7. Goodwill Purse - It was cute and I saw Emmy Rossum carrying a similar bag in Glamour. It was two bucks.
Ok, I throw myself upon the mercy of the courts. Did I cheat on my no clothes goal with the $2 purse? Am I justifying unnecessary spending? You be the judge.