Monday, May 21, 2007

change of pace

My pal steph sent me this interview weeks ago! Being busy (and napping) has consumed so much of my time, but tonight, I will finally answer her questions. I am sure she has been awaiting my response with bated (sp?) breath.

Here's how it works. I get to answer some fun and different questions, and I'd like to send some out to you. To participate:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." Make sure I have your email.
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions of my choice.
3. Then, you should update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You have to include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you get to ask them five questions.

These are my five questions, and my thoughtful, detailed, random answers:

1. What reality show do you thinkyou would be a good contestant for? Why?
America's Next Top Model, of course! But seriously, I would love to be a contestant on Project Runway. I could be the one with "no formal training" who manages to squeak her way through each challenge by being slightly less worse than some other fashion designer who can't "execute" his or her "vision". My tactic for staying on the show as long as possible? Talk trash about my fellow designers, design outrageously hideous clothes, and make inappropriate sexual advances on Tim Gunn.

2. What is your typical breakfast consist of?
1 8 oz container of Weight Watchers yogurt, with 1/3 cup All Bran Buds cereal mixed in, a banana or half an orange, and 1 bottle of water. I'm extremely detailed when it comes to breakfast. And I'm obsessed with getting enough fiber. Gross, but it does the trick.

3. Why did you choose the profession you are in? Do you think you will ever change careers?
I don't really know why I chose teaching, other than finding myself petrified at having a find a job (or worse, not being able to find a job) and then not being able to succeed at it. I hate the saying, "Those who can't, teach", but in my case...I didn't really know what else to do! Luckily for me (and my kids), it is something that I absolutely LOVE and I can't picture myself doing anything else for awhile. I think I will look for a new career when this one stops being fun.

4. Who do you wish would never, ever be talked about in the media again, Paris Hilton or Brangelina?
I just want Paris to go on lockdown. If she thinks her sentence is cruel and unusual...she should try listening to herself sing on the radio.

5. What color describes you? Why?
Today, while grading my students' poetry scrapbooks, someone wrote a poem about granite being her favorite color - because it was one color made of many. I'm going to steal that idea. My personality (ok, maybe just my emotional baggage) is too complex for just one shade!

That was fun! I don't know who else to tag, because steph might be my only reader! But if you want to play along...leave me some comment love!

Until PD
WG

1 comment:

steph said...

yay! love it!!! thanks for playing along -- it is so fun to read and do!